Components of Light*Well consists of four parts:
- water transmission system consists of a submersible pump, PE pipe and fittings
- the system cabinet, housing the filter tank, ultra filters, UV sterilisation, carbon absorbative filter, batteries, and control system.
- the IBC storage tanks.
- the PV panels.
Water transmission system:
- A 24V DC brushless submersible pump is supplied for delivery of raw water from the source to the top tank of lightwell. This pump is suitable for relatively clear water such as rainwater, shallow and deep well water and spring water. This pump has a capacity of 3000 litres per hour with different head from 10 to 100 metres. The head of the pump depends on water level of source, the length and diameter of pipe. This pump has a life span of 20,000 hours.
- A minimum of 25 metre PE pipes diameter from 1” to 1½“ is supplied with few elbows and couplings.
- The weight of the pump is 2.5, 4.5 and 5.5 kg for 10, 20and 30 meter head respectively.
- For turbid raw water from river or pond, it’s recommended to have a pre-treatment to reduce the turbidity and this is not included in Lightwell, e.g. a settling pond with weir, roughing filter, rapid sand filter, etc. A different DC pump is required for turbid water.
Contains the water treatment and control system.
- The cabinet, with flush front lock, is coated in UV resistant polyester powder coat and manufactured from marine grade aluminium. Cabinet life span exceeds 20 years.
- The filtration system uses modular ultrafilters from 1 to 4 modules in different sizes of filter tank. The filtration system has a design life of 10 years.
- Transfer pump to deliver filtered water from bottom tank to middle tank is 24V DC brushless pump with the maximum flow of 40 litres per minute and maximum head of 15metres. The life span of pump is 30,000 hours continuous operation.
- A military grade long life sealed battery with the capacity from 100 to 200 Ah top or front terminal with a design life of 10 years, are used for supply power to the system.
- An automatic control system manages and monitors the operation and regular cleaning maintenance, required for continuous service. Monitoring the UV intensity, the control system switches between UV modules automatically ensuring all water is fully dosed. The transfer pumps are installed in parallel to accommodate peak demand and ensure an uninterrupted 10 year service life.
- A basic lighting is supplied with 10W lighting for taps and 3 hall lights @30W (with 150 metres cable), which can operate from dusk for 10 hours. The lighting used LED strip that is fitted into the reflector.
- House lighting can be supplied on request in which 1 house will be supplied with 10W LED strip light fitted in the reflector, a switch and a terminal which can provide light for 5 hours.
- In regard to park fountain, the lighting will be integrated to the water fountain.
Additional treatment (optional):
- A 4 and 8 gpm UV sterilisation module (dose 30mJ/cm2) can be fitted with an automatically switched back up unit to ensure fully sterilised water for the strict pathogen requirement such as medical centres.
- 10” x 4.5” and 20” x 4.5” carbon filter with a month service life at a full flow can be requested to remove taste, odour, colour and pesticide. Where the required capacity exceeds 4800 l/d, additional tankage may be required for storage of overnight production.
- Light*WELL uses three 1000 litre IBC (intermediate bulk container) tanks from certified manufacturers, food grade, fully opaque, white external finish.
- The solar panel provides power to charge batteries using a PWM (pulse width modulation) charger which manages the batteries condition to give a service life of 10 years.
- PV panels are rated for 80% capacity @ 20 years.
Note: Concrete base design is supplied with the unit and uses less than 1m3 of concrete. It is poured on site using locally procured cement & aggregate materials (not included).